NEXTGEN Group import software products. A list of our product vendors can be found here. NEXTGEN Group distributes and sells a range of software and related products in Australia and New Zealand through its appointed on-sellers and partners.
a. Website means https://nextgen.group/; and
b. We/our/us means NEXTGEN Group Pty Limited (ABN 41 150 814 654) and includes our related and associated entities.
The term "personal information" as used throughout this policy, applies to any information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
a. whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
b. whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
We will manage your personal information in an open and transparent way. We have commercially acceptable internal processes and controls in place to store your personal information securely in our various systems across our network.
- How we collect personal information
- What personal information we collect
- How long we hold your personal
- How and why we may use, disclose and share your personal information
- How you may access and correct your personal information
- How personal information is stored
- Data breaches and security
- Contact address for privacy questions, complaints or concerns
1. How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by telephone or in documents;
- from our partners, on-sellers and service providers when you purchase one of our products from them or engage their services with respect to any of our products;
- from any competition entry forms;
- directly from you, via our internet site (requests for information); and
- from third parties we contract to collect and/or manage data on our behalf.
We may also collect information about your computer or other electronic device when you visit our websites and use our online resources. This information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, domain name, browser type, date and time of your request and information provided by tracking technologies, such as cookies and single-pixel tags. If you use a mobile device to access our web sites and online resources, we also may collect information about your device, such as your device ID and device type, as well as usage information about your device and your use of our mobile websites and other mobile resources.
Some of our websites and other online resources use tracking technologies to provide additional functionality that enables you to use these resources more effectively.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small data file that is sent by web servers to your computer's hard drive, where your Internet browser files are kept. Cookies enable websites to store small bits of information on your computer and retrieve that information at a later time. We may use two types of cookies: session cookies, which are temporary cookies that are erased from your computer's memory when you close your Internet browser or turn your computer off, and persistent cookies, which exist on your computer's hard drive until they expire, unless you delete them at an earlier time.
What are single-pixel tags?
Single-pixel tags, also known as web beacons or web tags, are graphics that function similar to cookies. Single-pixel tags are not visible because of their small size. They are used to collect information in web logs that does not identify you personally such as web pages viewed, the web site you came from and the advertisement you clicked on to visit our web sites. They are also used to determine whether certain promotional or other commercial e-mail messages we send are opened.
We do not market to children or knowingly collect personal information about or from children without parental consent.
2. What personal information we collect
Personal information collected and held by us about you, may include:
- date of birth;
- telephone numbers;
- e-mail address;
- drivers licence number;
- drivers licence state;
- purchase details;
- warranty transaction information; and
- any other relevant information.
You may choose not to provide us with your personal information. However, without certain personal information we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
We do NOT actively collect or hold, nor do we need to know any sensitive (personal) information (such as personal information about your racial or ethnic origin, health information, political opinions, membership of a political association, professional or trade association or trade union, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, genetic information, biometric information or biometric templates).
3. How long we hold your personal information
We keep your personal information only for as long as it is reasonably necessary for the purpose of collection and in accordance with any applicable legal reporting or documentation retention requirements.
We may use your personal information to send you further information, if it relates to the purpose of collection, which we consider being of importance to you, but we will always provide you with the opportunity to tell us if you do not want to receive this further information.
4. How and why we may use, disclose and share your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- To manage and improve customer service: Personal information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalise user experience: We may use your personal information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our website.
- To improve our website: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other website feature: To send you information you have agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to send information and updates pertaining to your order. It may also be used to respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
- To process payments.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
We may contact and communicate with you either via the telephone, post, facsimile, email or SMS.
Generally, we do not direct market to anyone without providing them with the opportunity to opt out of receiving future direct marketing communications.
We may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of NEXTGEN Group.
These organisations may include:
- our appointed on-sellers and partners;
- outsourced service providers who manage services we provide to you including:
- customer research;
- financial services and insurance;
- mailing systems and direct marketing;
- market research;
- government, regularity, law enforcement authorities, organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- our related companies.
Our contracted parties are not authorised by us to use personal information for anything other than the purpose for which we supplied that information to them. Some of our information technology service providers and related companies may be located overseas and, as a result, personal information collected and held by us may be transferred overseas. For example, we may, from time to time, exchange personal information with NEXTGEN subsidiaries.
Sometimes we may also need to disclose some of your personal information to our vendors in the US to enable us to provide the products and services to you. A list of our vendors can be found here.
Sometimes, the law requires us to disclose personal information. For example, information may be disclosed to a court in response to a subpoena or to a Government agency such as a vehicle licensing authority or the Australian Taxation Office.
We may also disclose personal information where you consent to us doing so. That consent may be written, verbal or implied from your conduct.
5. How you may access and correct your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to access your information, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons and we may charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
NEXTGEN Group takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. We recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to this information such as your name and address.
6. How personal information is stored
NEXTGEN Group will store your personal information in a secure environment. It's protected by a combination of physical and technological measures. If you want more information about the way we manage the information we hold please contact us as we would be happy to provide you with further information on our processes. Our contact details can be found at the end of this document.
7. Data breaches and security
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Whilst we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from our online products or services sites. You conduct these activities at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security.
If a data breach occurs in respect of your personal information, we may notify you about such data breach.
NEXTGEN Group may be required by law to notify you about certain data breaches.
8. Contact address for privacy questions, complaints or concerns
If you wish to notify us of your new contact details, make a complaint about a breach of privacy or have any questions in relation to the accuracy of your information or privacy, please contact our Information and Privacy Officer by:
Telephone: +61 2 9119 4200
Mail: PO Box 427, North Sydney 2059
We may provide access to other sites by way of hyperlinks from this web site. These other sites may not be subject to our privacy standards and procedures. You should make your own enquiries as to the privacy standards for each linked site.
We will not separately notify you of changes to the policy.